Simplification and improvement of security and compliance offerings
We are very excited to share that, effective February 1 2019 we are updating Microsoft 365 to simplify and improve our security and compliance offerings and help clear the path to Microsoft 365 E5.
The specific changes which are the result of feedback we received from you, our licensing community, as well as field sellers, customers, partners, and analysts, are as follows:
- Introducing a new Identity & Threat Protection SKU that unifies our security value across Office 365, Windows and EMS.
- Introducing a new Information Protection & Compliance SKU to capture increased demand for data governance, information protection, search and discovery solutions due to regulatory requirements like GDPR
- Merging the current 365 ATP value into Threat Intelligence and renaming it Office 365 ATP Plan 2
- Adding MyAnalytics value to all Microsoft 365 and Office 365 suites to drive end-user engagement and simplify the E5 sales conversation
- Retiring the Office 365 Cloud App Security standalone offering as the value is included with Microsoft Cloud App Security, our most complete Cloud Access Security Broker offering
With these changes we aim to help customers address the growing pains that have come with the transition to a modern workplace. By unifying Microsoft 365 security and compliance into new offerings, we remove barriers to selling our comprehensive solutions and moving customers to Microsoft 365 E5, while making it easier for our customer to fulfil their vision of a modern workplace.